Charlottesville VA Bat Removal
Charlottesville Virginia Bat Removal – Bats in the Attic Charlottesville
(804) 729-0046 or toll-free at (888) 824-7383
Charlottesville VA Bat Removal is provided by Virginia Professional Wildlife Removal Services. Our mission is to provide permanent solutions, when applicable, to government agencies, businesses, and individuals experiencing bat conflicts through unparalleled service, knowledge, and attitude in a friendly, courteous and professional manner while establishing a reputation in Charlottesville VA as the bat pest experts of choice for any job large or small.
As bat management specialists, Virginia Professional Wildlife Removal Services understands that each situation is different and needs a customized plan of action. Our experience allows us to evaluate the situation and determine the best plan of action required. By working with the agency, owner, or manager as a team, we are able to successfully resolve bat problems using a variety of techniques and processes, all safe for the homeowner and humane to the bats. This approach has led us to be recognized in Charlottesville Virginia as bat management experts in the conservation management community of Albemarle County.
Virginia Professional Wildlife Removal Services has been specializing in bat management issues since 2008. With our vast experience in bat management practices and techniques along with nine years’ field experience as one of Virginia’s few bat management specialists, we are able to quickly evaluate your particular bat problem and take the steps necessary to resolve your bat infestation. Our number one priority is the safety and peace of mind of our customers experiencing a bat conflict, as well as the safety and well-being of the bats. By identifying and focusing on the problem and not the symptoms, Virginia Professional Wildlife Removal Services has a proven record of providing long-term and, whenever possible, permanent solutions to your bat problem.
Most of our bat removal calls in Central Virginia come from the city of Charlottesville. When we get a Charlottesville VA bat removal call, we think about the historical significance of Charlottesville and the prestigious University of Virginia (UVA). The Commonwealth of Virginia is known as being the home of several United States Presidents. Any opportunity we get to pass through the University of Virginia (UVA) campus in Charlottesville, Virginia and see the historical sights of downtown Charlottesville is always a memorable service call to remove bats in Charlottesville and Albemarle County. If you have bats in your attic in Charlottesville, and you need to get the bats out of your attic – guess what – we can get the bats out and help keep them out! Our service area for Charlottesville VA bat removal include Albemarle County, UVA, Monticello, Keswick, and Shadwell VA.
If you need references from any of our Charlottesville VA bat removal or bat control customers in your area give us a call, references are provided upon request.
Certain areas of Albemarle County and the City of Charlottesville have different types of construction, especially in the older historical parts of Charlottesville. As the areas bat removal experts, we are keenly aware of the unique architectural designs in Charlottesville and some of the challenges in Charlottesville VA bat removal.
We are concerned about your family’s health <bat-health-concerns> and advise that if you do have bats in your attic and you need the bats out of your house – give us a call and a Charlottesville VA bat removal professional will be happy to help you. Do not go into your attic at night if you do have bats in there. Bat rabies shots could run several thousands of dollars!
Bats In The Attic – How To Get Rid Of Bats In The Attic
Here are some bat facts you will need to know if you have bats in the attic or at the peak of your roof in the vents.
1) Do not go into your attic at night!
2) Do not handle a live bat or a suspected dead bat on the ground <bat-health-concerns>.
3) Bats are not trying to fly into your hair, they are beneficial to our environment!
4) We exclude the bats.
5) We DO NOT KILL BATS.
6) We can seal your home against future bat problems and guarantee it in writing with a Warranty .
7) Your bat problem will not fix itself.
8) Bat deterrent sprays, bat repellents, lights and pulsating sound devices DO NOT work to solve 99.9% of bat problems. They are a waste of time and money, and will only give you a false sense of security that the bats have left your home.
9) If you find a live bat in the living space of your home <bat-health-concerns>, the bat must be tested for rabies. Bat bites are often not detectable and the bat rabies variant is fatal once contracted. Less than 1% of bats test positive for rabies in Charlottesville VA.
10) Do it yourself bat removal during the winter months when you think the bats have left your home to hibernate in a cave is risky. Some bats do leave your home in the winter, but most bats like the little brown bat and the big brown bat will hibernate in your home, often out of sight and undetectable to you.
11) Accumulations of bat guano in an attic can pose a serious health risk <bat-health concerns> to you and your family. Trying to clean up large accumulations of Bat Guano without the proper personal protective equipment (PPE) can give you a lung disease called Histoplasmosis <bat-health-concerns>, which can be fatal if not treated by a medical professional. Respirators purchased from large box stores will not protect you.
12) We do not use pesticides to remove bats from an attic, nor is there a pesticide registered with the EPA (Environmental Protection Agency) that will get rid of bats. We only use pesticides to kill the Bat Bugs, similar to bed bugs, left behind where the bats were roosting and in the bat guano.
In addition to our Charlottesville VA Bat Removal Services <bat-services>, we also offer bat guano removal and bat bug removal. During our scheduled visit to your home we will also provide you with an estimate to remove the bat poop from your attic along with the bat bugs.
We can remove bats from an attic. If you are looking for a Charlottesville VA bat removal professional, Virginia Professional Wildlife Removal Services is available to help you with your bat problem. Every member of our staff has successfully completed the National Wildlife Control Operators Association – NWCOA Bat Standards Compliant Course. We are the bat removal experts in Charlottesville, Albemarle County, Monticello, UVA, Keswick, Farmington, and Ivy in the Charlottesville, Virginia www.charlottesville.org area.
Charlottesville Office For Bat Removal – Bats Removed From The Attic In Charlottesville VA
Call us At (804) 729-0046 or toll-free at (888) 824-7383
Contact Your Bat Experts at Virginia-Wildlife-Removal.com
Contact Us for a guaranteed solution to your bat problem!
Terms Of Service <terms-of-service> What to expect from Your Bat Professional.
Learn more About Us and our qualifications or Our Services <bat-services>.
Facts About Bats on our Bat Biology Page <bat-biology>.
In addition to our Charlottesville VA Bat Removal and Bat Control Services, we also offer animal control, beaver removal <beavers>, bird netting <services>, bird control, chimney caps <services>, chipmunk removal, coyote removal, dead animal removal <services>, deer removal, deer repellents, flying squirrel removal <flying squirrels>, fox removal <foxes>, groundhog removal <woodchuck-groundhog>, mice removal, mole removal <moles>, muskrat removal, opossum removal <opossum>, pest control, pigeon removal, raccoon removal <raccoons>, rat removal, otter removal, skunk removal <skunks>, snake removal, squirrel removal <squirrels>, tick control, wildlife solutions, wildlife control, wildlife removal, woodchuck removal <woodchuck-groundhog>, woodpecker removal, and vole removal <voles> in the cities and towns in Charlottesville, Albemarle County, Monticello, UVA, Keswick, Farmington, and Ivy in the Charlottesville, Virginia area.
Charlottesville VA Bat Bug Removal
Bat bugs (Cimex adjunctus) or bat mites are found around a bat roost in an attic and more commonly in bat guano accumulations in Charlottesville, Virginia. The bat bug is a very close relative to the bed bug (Cimex lectularius). Because they look so much alike, a microscope is needed to confirm the bat bug vs. bed bug in Virginia.
Your Charlottesville, Virginia bat removal professionals are often asked questions about how to get rid of bat bugs or a bat bug infestation in order to solve a bat bug problem.
- What is the difference between bat bugs versus bed bugs in Charlottesville, Virginia?
- What is the price to remove bat bugs in Charlottesville, Virginia?
- Is it possible to get rid of the bat bugs in Charlottesville, Virginia?
- How do you kill the bat bugs in Charlottesville, Virginia?
- Are bat bugs similar or resemble bed bugs in Charlottesville, Virginia?
Bat bugs are ectoparasites (blood sucking) and as their name suggests, bats are their host or food source. Bat bugs around colonies of bats in Charlottesville, Virginia will occasionally wander away from the bat roost area or guano accumulations. And when this happens they may bite humans. When people get bat bugs in their bedroom in Charlottesville Virginia, it is usually because of the absence of the bats. Bat bug bites are not dangerous. As far as your Charlottesville Virginia bat bug removal professional knows, bat bugs do not transmit any diseases.
In order to get control of the bat bugs your Charlottesville, Virginia bat removal expert must first get rid of the bats that are present in the home or building in Charlottesville, Virginia. Bat removal techniques also known as “bat exclusion” or sealing the areas of the structure that emit air draft is the first course of action. There are no pesticides that are labeled to control bats in attics. Pesticides are harmful to bats. Treating bat bug areas with a pesticide without eliminating the bats first is against the law and will only provide a short-term fix. Once the bat colony has been removed from the structure in Charlottesville, Virginia, the bat guano accumulations must be treated with a residual pesticide that will kill the bat bugs and bat bug eggs. In addition to treating the bat guano in Charlottesville Virginia, your Charlottesville, Virginia bat bug removal specialist will also treat the bat roost area and any cracks, crevices, or other bat bug hiding places.
Once the bat roost areas and bat guano accumulation in your attic has been treated to kill the bat bugs in Charlottesville Virginia, your Charlottesville, Virginia bat guano removal pro will then remove the bat guano from the structure.
With all this in mind, the truth is that the majority of bat droppings found in attics and walls in Charlottesville Virginia are harmless if undisturbed. The thought of bat guano in your attic may be disgusting, but no threat to your health. Only a small number of bats contract Histoplasmosis and excrete the fungus in their droppings. Still the fungus can’t grow unless the piles of droppings are very large. Small amounts of Bat poop in your attic or walls is not a threat to your health unless the bat guano is disturbed. Undisturbed bat droppings are the safest bat droppings in Charlottesville, Virginia. You would have to directly inhale the Histo spores from the bat guano to even potentially get sick. In most cases of bat guano abatement is not necessary and a waste of money. Your Charlottesville VA bat removal professional can get rid of bats in attic and perform bat exclusion before the bats make too much of a bat guano biohazard, but your Charlottesville, VA bat removal professional can only advocate the abatement of bat guano from attic and walls in some cases where the bats have left a lot of bat guano. Bat guano removal should only be recommended by your Charlottesville VA bat removal professional under the following circumstances.
- Large accumulations or piles of bat guano.
- You have a respiratory illness.
- You are pregnant or have small children in the house.
- The attic space is being used for storage or a kids play room.
- There is ductwork in the attic that leads to the living areas of the structure.
- The heating and air system is in the attic.
- You are planning on renovating the space or are tearing out the walls/ceilings that may have bat droppings behind or on top of them.
- You are changing the insulation. Insulation companies will offer to remove the insulation fairly cheaply for you but they should not be used for this purpose as they do not have the proper OSHA training or safety equipment needed to remove Bat guano safely. (The proper HEPA filtered respirators, air scrubbers, vacuums, and suites similarly used for asbestos and mold abatement). If an untrained insulation worker or wildlife control operator becomes sick you could be liable.
- If you plan to sell the house or building, bat droppings typically become a red flag for home or commercial building inspectors. Uneducated buyers are often told the worst case scenario and will want to back out of the contract regardless of the amount of bat guano.
- If you just cannot stand the thought of the bat droppings in your house or building. It is up to the customer to determine if they want to live with the bat guano or have your Richmond VA bat removal professional remove them.
- Commercial buildings with workers or customers.
If there is a small colony bats in your Charlottesville, Virginia house or building, you really have no need to worry about the bat droppings left behind. If you encounter a small amount of scattered droppings somewhere in your home or building, just pick them up with a wet paper towel and flush them down the toilet. Under no circumstances should you try to cleanout bat guano from the attic yourself. Big box store dust-masks and even full face respirators are not adequate equipment to safely work around bat droppings in confined spaces like an attic. Remember, undisturbed bat guano is the safest bat guano.
If you cannot afford to have it removed by your Charlottesville VA bat removal professional, leave it alone. Do not try to learn how to remove bat guano from attic in Charlottesville, Virginia.
Bat droppings do not smell. Bat urine has a very distinctive odor and often there are times that home owners do not even notice it. If your Charlottesville VA bat removal professional can smell bat urine inside the living or working area of a structure, it means the bat problem could be out of control. During hot humid weather your bat removal professionals often get calls from customers whose houses or buildings smell because of a bat infestation that has not been dealt with. In most of these situations a major cleanup of bat droppings and contaminated insulation in necessary. Small infestations of bats usually do not produce enough bat urine odor that can be noticed inside. However, bat populations grow quite large over time and it is best to have your Charlottesville VA bat removal professional get rid of bats before the bat colony causes damage to the structure.
Charlottesville VA Bat Removal Experts
As far as we know we are the ONLY bat removal company in the Richmond VA and Charlottesville VA areas of Central Virginia where all of our bat removal pros are dual trained in bat removal by the industries leading bat removal training entities. What that means to you is that we follow best practices when it comes to bat removal and we DO NOT harm the bats! Best of all, we utilize techniques and processes in accordance with NWCOA Bat Standards Compliant companies.
When our Charlottesville VA bat removal experts show up at a customers home they are often asked, Are You Batman? Well ….
General Bat Calendar For Bats In Richmond VA, Charlottesville VA & Central Virginia
Our customers are often interested in the habits and the life cycle of bats in Virginia. Listed below is a GENERAL calendar of bat activity in our area. It is not etched in stone and there are a lot of variables when it comes to bats, their behaviors and their breeding cycles.
- January – Hibernation.
- February – Hibernation.
- March – Activity Increases / Feeding Begins.
- April – Pregnant Females Leave For Nursery Sites.
- May – Gestation Continues.
- June – Young Bats Are Born.
- July – Young Bats Mature And Start Exploring.
- August – Young Bats Are Self Dependent. Females Start To Leave.
- September – Bats Return To Hibernation Sites. Mating Occurs.
- October – Mating Continues. Fat Stores Begin.
- November – Hibernation Begins.
- December – Hibernation Continues.
We are considered one of Charlottesville Virginia’s best bat removal companies. Bat removal and bat control in Virginia is provided in these VA counties, cities and towns:
Accomack County, Albemarle County, Alexandria County, Allegheny County, Amelia County, Amherst County, Appomattox County, Arlington County, Ashland, Augusta County, Barboursville, Bath County, Bedford County, Bland County, Bon Air, Botetourt County, Boyd Tavern, Brandermill, Brunswick County, Buchanan County, Buckingham County, Campbell County, Caroline County, Carroll County, Central VA, Charlotte County, Charlottesville, Chesapeake, Chester, Chesterfield County, Clarke County, Colonial Heights, Craig County, Culpepper County, Cumberland County , Dickenson County , Dinwiddie County, Dumbarton, Earlysville, East Highland Park, Elton, Essex County, Fairfax County, Fauquier County, Ferncliff, Floyd County, Fluvanna County, Franklin County, Frederick County, Fredericksburg, Giles County, Glen Allen, Gloucester County, Goochland County, Gordonsville, Grayson County, Greene County, Greenville County, Gum Spring, Hadensville, Halifax County, Hampton, Hampton Roads, Hanover County, Harrisonburg, Henrico County, Henry County, Highland County, Highland Springs, Isle of Wight County, James City County, Keswick, King & Queen County, King George County, King William County, Lake Anna, Lake Monticello, Lancaster County, Lakeside, Laurel, Lee County, Loudoun County, Louisa County, Lunenburg County, Luray, Lynchburg, Madison County, Maidens, Manakin, Manakin-Sabot, Manassas County, Mathews County, Mechanicsville, Mecklenburg County, Middlesex County, Midlothian, Mineral, Montgomery County, Nelson County, New Kent County, Newport News, Norfolk, Northampton County, Northern VA, Northumberland County, Nottoway County, Oilville, Orange County, Page County, Palmyra, Patrick County, Petersburg, Pittsylvania County, Powhatan County, Prince Edward County, Prince George County, Prince William County, Pulaski County, Rappahannock County, Richmond City, Richmond County, Roanoke City, Roanoke County, Rockbridge County, Rockingham County, Rockville, Russell County, Salem, Sandy Hook, Scott County, Shannon Hill, Shenandoah County, Short Pump, Smyth County, Southampton County, Southwest VA, Spotsylvania County, Stafford County, Staunton, Suffolk, Surry County, Sussex County, Tazewell County, Tidewater VA, Troy, Tuckahoe, Virginia Beach, Warren County, Washington County, Waynesboro, Westmoreland County, Williamsburg, Wise County, Woodlake, Wythe County, York County, Yorktown, VA and the surrounding areas of Virginia.
Contact Us at (804) 729-0046 or toll-free at (888) 824-7383 for Charlottesville Virginia animal trapping, animal control solutions, wildlife removal, pest control, animal capture, animal exclusion or wildlife management in VA involving:
- Bats (Little Brown Bat, Big Brown Bat, Others)
- Canada Geese
- Copperhead Snakes
- Cottonmouth Snakes
- Dead Animal Removal
- European Starlings
- Flying Squirrels
- Foxes (Red and Gray)
- Southern Flying Squirrels
- Stinging Insects
Bats are such an important part of our ecosystem in Virginia. If you want to help preserve bats and increase their chance for survival, building a bat house is a good start. We also do bat house installations. NOTE: The Little Brown Bat is on the verge of being listed as an endangered bat species in Virginia. To help protect this bat it is important to hire a bat removal company that is properly trained in identifying and protecting the Little Brown Bat which is so important to our ecosystem.
Our wildlife experts also provide animal control services in Charlottesville VA. For Charlottesville animal control, bat removal, raccoon control, chipmunk removal, raccoon problems, trapping skunks, trapping squirrels, getting rid of squirrels in the attic, or mole removal services in Central Virginia contact our Charlottesville office at (804) 729-0046 or toll-free at (888) 824-7383. We only use safe and humane animal traps and methods for wildlife removal.
Check out information on Richmond Bat Removal, Richmond Animal Removal, Richmond Animal Control and Richmond Pest Control.
If you have bats in your house and need to get rid of the bats, give us a call. We are the areas best bat exterminator in Richmond Virginia (we don’t really exterminate bats, they’re important to our ecosystem). We also provide other Charlottesville Virginia animal control services including skunk removal, snake removal, squirrel removal, raccoon removal, bird control and more.
Charlottesville VA Bat Removal is our specialty. We succeed when other bat removal companies often fail!