Virginia Wildlife Trapping & Control
(804) 729-0046 or toll-free at (888) 824-7383
Experts in Removing, Controlling, Trapping, Capturing & Managing Critters & Other VA Pests
Virginia Wildlife Trapping & Control in Virginia is a daily task performed by nuisance pest animal control operators throughout Virginia. Wildlife Removal companies and Pest Control companies perform entirely two different types of work. Pest Control companies primarily deal with mice, rats and insects – that’s their bread-and-butter work. On the other hand, Wildlife Removal Companies deal with nuisance wildlife that is indigenous to Virginia. Virginia Wildlife Trapping and Control requires an entirely different skill set. Commercial nuisance trappers are required to take and pass a written test in order to receive their Commercial Nuisance Wildlife Removal Permit which is issued by the Virginia Department of Game and Inland Fisheries – This permit is issued to the individual, not the company. Additionally, Wildlife Control Operators are required to be retested every two years OR show proof of successfully completing Continuing Education training. The trapping laws listed below are just some of the many trapping VA State laws trappers must follow in Virginia. There are also Federal and Local laws, regulations and ordinances that a VA nuisance trapper must follow. Please check to make sure the person or company you hire to help solve your wildlife problem has all the correct documentation from the Commonwealth of Virginia and has proper Commercial Liability and Workers’ Compensation Insurance policies in place to cover you and your home should something unforeseen happen.
If for some reason we are unable to help you with your nuisance wildlife problem, we maintain a network of other qualified Wildlife Control Technicians throughout Virginia who can help you. Buyer Beware – Nuisance Wildlife Removal in Virginia is grossly unregulated. There are many less than reputable companies out there trapping animals. Check all required documentation. All of our technicians are trained and follow Virginia Wildlife Trapping laws and regulations.
Some Virginia Trapping Laws
- Resident or non-resident landowners, their spouses, their children and grandchildren and the spouses of such children and grandchildren, or the landowner’s parents, resident or nonresident, do not need a license to hunt, trap or fish (on inland waters) within the boundaries of their own lands.
- Tenants, on the land they rent and occupy, are not required to have a license, but must have the written permission of the landowner. Persons that lease property and do not permanently reside there are not exempt from license requirements.
- Residents, 65 years of age and over, do not need a license to hunt or trap on private property in their county or city of residence.
- Resident hunters under the age of 12 are not required to have a hunting license or hunter education. Non-resident hunters under the age of 12 need a hunting license but do not need hunter education to purchase one. All hunters under the age of 12 may not hunt unless accompanied and directly supervised by a licensed adult.
- Residents under the age of 16 are not required to have a license to trap when accompanied by any person 18 years of age or older who possesses a valid Virginia trapping license.
- Any person who is not hunting, but is aiding a disabled person to hunt when such disabled person possesses a valid Virginia Disabled Resident Lifetime hunting license or a Virginia Resident Disabled Veteran Lifetime license is not required to have a license.
- Any American Indian who resides on a Virginia Indian reservation or a member of the Virginia recognized tribes who resides in the Commonwealth is not required to have a license; how ever, such Indian must have on his person an identification card or a paper signed by the chief of his tribe, a valid tribal identification card, written confirmation through a central tribal registry, or certification from a tribal office.
- Stockholders owning 50 percent or more of the stock of any domestic corporation owning land in Virginia, his or her spouse and children and minor grandchildren, resident or non-resident, to hunt, trap and fish within the boundaries of lands and inland waters owned by the domestic corporation.
Virginia Wildlife Trapping and Control should only be performed by experts in the field of animal removal. It can be dangerous work and should not be done by untrained individuals or do-it-yourselfers (DIY).
Virginia Professional Wildlife Removal Services is a full-service animal wildlife trapping, animal removal, animal capture, pest control, animal control, and wildlife management company serving counties, cities, towns and communities throughout Virginia. We provide residential, commercial, and industrial animal removal, animal control, animal trapping, animal capture, pest control and wildlife management services in Accomack County, Albemarle County, Alexandria County, Alleghany County, Amelia County, Amherst County, Appomattox County, Arlington County, Ashland, Augusta County, Barboursville, Bath County, Bedford County, Bland County, Bon Air, Botetourt County, Boyd Tavern, Brandermill, Brunswick County, Buchanan County, Buckingham County, Campbell County, Caroline County, Carroll County, Central VA, Charlotte County, Charlottesville, Chesapeake, Chester, Chesterfield County, Clarke County, Colonial Heights, Craig County, Culpeper County, Cumberland County , Dickenson County , Dinwiddie County, Earlysville, Elkton, Essex County, Fairfax County, Fauquier County, Ferncliff, Floyd County, Fluvanna County, Franklin County, Frederick County, Fredericksburg, Giles County, Glen Allen, Gloucester County, Goochland County, Gordonsville, Grayson County, Greene County, Greenville County, Gum Spring, Hadensville, Halifax County, Hampton, Hampton Roads, Hanover County, Harrisonburg, Henrico County, Henry County, Highland County, Isle of Wight County, James City County, Keswick, King & Queen County, King George County, King William County, Lake Anna, Lake Monticello, Lancaster County, Lee County, Loudoun County, Louisa County, Lunenburg County, Luray, Lynchburg, Madison County, Maidens, Manakin, Manakin-Sabot, Manassas County, Mathews County, Mechanicsville, Mecklenburg County, Middlesex County, Midlothian, Mineral, Montgomery County, Nelson County, New Kent County, Newport News, Norfolk, Northampton County, Northern VA, Northumberland County, Nottoway County, Oilville, Orange County, Page County, Palmyra, Patrick County, Petersburg, Pittsylvania County, Powhatan County, Prince Edward County, Prince George County, Prince William County, Pulaski County, Rappahannock County, Richmond, Richmond County, Roanoke County, Rockbridge County, Rockingham County, Rockville, Russell County, Salem, Sandy Hook, Scott County, Shannon Hill, Shenandoah County, Short Pump, Smyth County, Southampton County, Southwest VA, Spotsylvania County, Stafford County, Staunton, Suffolk, Surry County, Sussex County, Tazewell County, Tidewater VA, Troy, Virginia Beach, Warren County, Washington County, Waynesboro, Westmoreland County, Williamsburg, Wise County, Woodlake, Wythe County, York County, Yorktown, VA and the surrounding areas of Virginia.
Contact Us at (804) 729-0046 or toll-free at (888) 824-7383 for Virginia animal trapping, animal control, wildlife removal, pest control, animal capture, animal exclusion or wildlife management in VA involving:
- Bats (Little Brown Bat, Big Brown Bat, Others)
- Canada Geese
- Copperhead Snakes
- Cottonmouth Snakes
- Dead Animal Removal
- European Starlings
- Flying Squirrels
- Foxes (Red and Gray)
- Southern Flying Squirrels
- Stinging Insects
Call the experts at Virginia Professional Wildlife Removal Services for all of your Virginia Wildlife Trapping & Removal needs in VA. We repair damage caused by animals and can help prevent animal entry and damage in the first place. Don’t let pesky nuisance wildlife take over your home. Give Virginia Professional Wildlife Removal Services a call today and rid your home of unwanted critters. We actually do what others just say they can do.
Click for more information on Virginia Wildlife Removal
4948 Shannon Road
Kents Store, VA 23084
(804) 729-0046 or toll-free at (888) 824-7383
6:00 am – 7:00 pm (Daily)
Emergency Service Available
24 hours / 7 days