Richmond VA Flying Squirrel Removal
You may need flying squirrel removal in Richmond VA and not even know it. Did you know that most people in the Richmond and Charlottesville areas of Central Virginia have never seen a Southern Flying Squirrel? Some people have never even heard of this little critter that loves to make our home their home especially during the winter months. Once they get into the attic and soffit areas, a few even find their way into the living quarters of our home. But help is only a phone call away. Our flying squirrel experts provide fast, safe and effective flying squirrel removal in the Richmond VA and Charlottesville areas in the most humane way possible. Call us today at (804) 729-0046 or toll-free at (888) 824-7383 for a free estimate on our flying squirrel removal, trapping and control services.
How Do I Know If I Need Flying Squirrel Removal Services
There are several ways to determine if you have flying squirrels in the attic, soffit, eaves, walls and other places in your home. If you notice any of these signs, there is a strong likelihood that you have an infestation requiring the services of a professional flying squirrel removal company in Richmond or Charlottesville Virginia.
- Scratching sounds in the attic, particularly at night.
- Scratching sounds in the walls, particularly at night.
- Scurrying sounds in the attic or walls, particularly at night.
- Squirrels inside the living area of your home. Although they may look like baby squirrels, they are almost always flying squirrels.
- Noises that sound like bowling balls being rolled around in the attic, particularly at night.
- Sounds of things being dropped inside the walls, usually squirrels caching their winter stockpile of nuts.
- Unidentified feces (poop) in the attic, usually concentrated in a small area or several areas. Flying squirrels are like cats using a litter box, they often poop in the same areas over and over again.
- You find partially eaten nuts in the attic. Usually the shell is intact except for a small circular shaped hole in the end of the nut. Flying squirrels love to eat hickory nuts.
- Small golf ball size holes made in the insulation in your attic.
How To Get Rid Of Flying Squirrels In My Attic
We are often asked by potential customers, How do I get rid of flying squirrels? The solution to getting rid of flying squirrels can sometimes be complicated. First of all, flying squirrel entry points can often be difficult to locate. They can enter through openings smaller than the size of a golf ball. Secondly, unlike grey squirrels they are very social animals – the more the merrier. We have gotten as many as 40 out of a single home. Lastly, because they often bring their own food into a structure, they don’t respond to traditional baits and lures. That’s why DIY types are often unsuccessful at resolving their squirrel problem. For expert flying squirrel removal in the Richmond and Charlottesville VA areas, call our animal control professionals.
Are Flying Squirrels Dangerous?
The short answer is yes. Flying squirrels can inflict a painful bite and their chewing activities can lead to costly repairs and possibly electrical fires. Typhus fever from Rickettsia prowazekii infection is a severe and occasionally fatal disease in humans often contributed to flying squirrels. Flying squirrels are the only known vertebrate reservoir, other than humans, of R. prowazekii, and contact with these animals and their nests have been linked to most sporadic typhus cases in the United States. Flying squirrels are also carriers of various parasites.
Who Traps And Removes Flying Squirrels In The Richmond And Charlottesville VA Areas?
We do! Not only do we help rid your home of the squirrels, but we can also repair the damage that they cause and help prevent them from re-entering your home. We are considered the best flying squirrel removal company in the Richmond VA and Charlottesville VA area. Call us for local flying squirrel removal in Central Virginia at (804) 729-0046 or toll-free at (888) 824-7383.
Click Here for additional information on trapping and removing flying squirrels in the Richmond, Charlottesville, Brandermill, Woodlake, Henrico, Glen Allen, Mechanicsville, Short Pump, Chesterfield and Midlothian areas of Central Virginia.